Friday, January 22, 2010

Adventure #1

Ok... so I'm still trying to get my blog all cute and the way I like it, but seeing as I'm thousands of miles away from anyone who knows how to function a blog.... I guess I had better start documenting or I'll forget everything! So Here are a few of my first adventures on the island. (I might have to warn you that this blog will probably be picture overloaded.... Kaitlin takes many a picture and I am extremely indecisive so I end up choosing about a million. But hopefully you won't miiinndddd!!)
Adventure #1: Snorkeling
I arrived in Laie, Hawaii at approximately 2:30 on Saturday January 2nd. At about 2:45 a young man that Kaitlin had met named Kenson comes to our door and asks if we want to go snorkeling. Booya. So we walked a WHOLE 2 1/2 MINUTES to the nearest beach (Bikini Beach) and started snorkeling! We didn't see anything super cool... but still it was loads of fun! (ps sorry the pictures are mini... but you get the idea)





Snorkel buddies!! (It was hard to stand up with the current)



Our buddy Kenson :)


At this point neither of us had towels, but fortunately dear Kenson had this huge one that he let us share.... he also shared with us the bit of information that the closest walmart was an hour away.... this put me in panic mode because I didn't have any towels or blankets or a pillow or food!

But again, luckily there's this thing called pizza hut that helped us for dinner and kind friends that you meet that give you sheets and a towel. Thank you Kenson!!

5 comments:

  1. yay blog! yay hawaii!!
    When I first had my blog, I had this exact same layout/background thing! we must be friends or something..

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a blog!!! this is so exciting, I love yoU! I stalk you on FB sometimes...but hearing it from your mouth(or blog) is even better :)

    ps
    you're hott

    ReplyDelete
  3. pps..pss..ppss
    you would meet a guy in the first 5 minutes off the plane and get him to give you all his belongings... hahaha :) muah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah i never saw these comments! haha Yes i got a blog... we can all share a world together now! hahaha no no Brooke, he was just a kind soul ;) i love you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I just found your blog :) I'm interested in BYU Hawaii :) But the living situation freaks me out a little. On or off campus? What would you recommend?

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Olivia Evans and I thoroughly enjoy eating food. I am currently a student at Brigham Young University Hawaii and I LOVE it!! I have the most wonderful family on earth and the craziest BEST friends ever! Call for a good time